Now Is A Great Time To Get Into Tech
The year 2019 is an excellent time to break into the information technology (IT) job market.
Companies recognize that technology develops faster than they can possibly implement it.
Existing technologies such as business intelligence and analytics, cloud technology, artificial intelligence, and heightened cybersecurity are just some of the factors driving demand. Emerging technologies such as virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), wearables, and automation continues to push the demand for IT experts over the top. According to Matt Ferguson, CEO of CareerBuilder, in a recent CNBC article, he predicts technology jobs will grow in 2018 due to high automation requirements, with a particular need for software developers, software engineers, and IT managers. IT is a vast job market with exciting possibilities, and IT staffing companies are seen as a top solution for acquiring talent for some of the most desirable IT jobs.
Filling The IT Gaps
In a world where consumers seek the convenience of Internet of Things (IoT) automation and voice-activated solutions, now more than ever companies rely on IT expertise to remain competitive in their markets. Consumers desire IoT automation whereby cameras, coffeemakers, security systems, and thermostats, to name a few, can be managed through a network. Other automation applications include chip technology for automotive, robotics, motion control, artificial intelligence (AI), human-machine interface (machine learning), voice search, and more. Security is an increasingly difficult task to manage in order to protect company networks, data, and applications. Companies worldwide require layers of security that an experienced or degreed person understands in order to protect their critical assets as well as their customers’ assets. Filling the gaps requires high-end IT talent.
Top IT Jobs
IT is a broad field, and there are many job categories and over 100 job titles for which tech-savvy candidates may be qualified or able to prepare for. The positions companies require to support emerging technologies are vast, and there are a number of top IT jobs that surface as those in high demand for 2018.
| || |
The question is, can candidates get hired for these jobs without an IT degree? Given the ongoing organizational requirements for technical experts in these roles, there is currently potential for candidates that have various skill sets or experience but in fact, may not have a degree. There are a variety of creative ways including guidance by IT staffing companies in which candidates can get into IT roles. If you're ready, contact us at (408) 684-8503 to have us work for you.
Naturally, the easiest way to land a top IT job is to hold a computer-related degree, and the next best choice is to become certified. Getting certified can lead to broader job choices, greater geographical areas to choose from, and top-of-range salaries. Median annual salaries range from $55,000 for IT support roles up to $175,000 for some skilled IT analysts and developers in certain geographical locations. IT certifications are particularly popular for fulfilling these essential job needs. Some of the top IT certifications include:
- CompTIA A+ Technician
- CompTIA Network+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
The certification process can be time-consuming and costly, but a technical staffing agency like datanet IT can help candidates find relevant opportunities, provide them with training, and pay for certifications to help grow their career. These are the types of services that differentiate staffing agencies. While certification is one of the best ways to secure an IT role, there are a number of positive alternatives for moving in the right direction even while you are in the process of becoming certified.
Alternatives for Securing an IT Role
Whether or not you have enrolled in a live or online IT certification program, there are a number of steps you can take to prepare for a future in IT. While these options aren’t new to job seekers, they are ideas to help you think outside of the box and some are fairly simple to pursue.
- An Internship assignment can go a long way in helping you as a job seeker “get a foot in the door” with a technologically advancing company.
- Networking is still one of the best advantages. You must get to know people, get on LinkedIn, and network with as many companies as possible; networking is shown to be easier than stepping out on your own to find the perfect job.
- Go in with confidence. Consider that most of your competition makes simple mistakes that take them out of the “running.” A perfect resume, a genuine interview, and a solid background are elements candidates need on their side.
- Job fairs and networking conferences are some of the best places to meet others in the IT field and land an introductory IT role.
- Agencies!! Calling on a technical staffing agency in today’s market is one of the most productive methods for companies and candidates in securing desirable IT talent. Candidates can seek jobs in the locations they choose. It is highly productive to allow someone else take on the task of screening, job matching, interview preparation, and orientation.
While an IT degree or certification is preferred, now is a good time for companies and candidates alike to use one of these methods to secure an IT role. If you are a candidate working on your education, this is seen by companies seeking talent as an attractive initiative. Taking online training shows dedication on the part of the candidate, and hiring companies show a preference for it.
Where To Find The Best IT Job
Naturally, the larger cities are home to some of the best and most established companies. IT job seekers will find placement by staffing agencies in these top ten cities: Austin, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Orlando, New York City, Raleigh-Durham, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC. This is promising, but it is important to remember that nearly every company has similar IT requirements, especially in the area of cybersecurity. The odds of landing an IT position without a degree may be more likely in a small company in a remote location.
Why Use A Technical Staffing Agency
With technology evolving so rapidly, experienced candidates see an edge, especially if they have a gift in the high-tech arena. An agency like datanet IT is one more way candidates get noticed, and an agency offers flexibility in the geographical locations job seekers wish to pursue. A solid IT staffing agency offers candidates and companies alike a number of benefits in a rapidly evolving IT job market:
- Aligns candidates and companies for the right job fit
- Prepares candidates for roles
- Offers interview coaching and orientation
- Stays current in the IT field
- Knows where the best IT jobs are found
- Current with required certifications as technology evolves
Now is the time for businesses as well as job seekers to come together for efficient technology outcomes. When you choose datanet IT Staffing solutions, IT screening and placement for experts in computer science, infrastructure, management, and software development is an effective alternative in a society where IT is perhaps the most critical asset to companies. These agencies support significant challenges at a time when it is difficult to stay ahead of technological advancements. Let an IT staffing agency take on these challenges for you. It’s the next step to fulfilling a secure and sound IT job placement for the future. What better way for candidates to break into the IT job market than by seeking out reputable IT staffing agencies.
Have questions? Feel free to contact Benu, our Staffing Expert at (408) 684-8503.